We are seeking an engaging and detail-oriented individual to join our administrative support team. The recruitment assistant has a critical role in helping to attract and hire high quality candidates that fit with our mission and values.
This is a full-time position located in the Carlsbad office. Work hours are approximately Monday-Friday from 8:30 – 5:00.
Pay is $15 - $17/hr with full benefits.
- Gather position requirements from leadership team (e.g., new openings, replacements, etc.) and maintain updated list of openings.
- Develop and post job ads in a variety of virtual (e.g., Glassdoor) and physical (e.g., flyers posted at community locations) locations; engage in outreach on relevant social media platforms (e.g., Facebook, Instagram).
- Conduct outreach with career centers and other employment agencies to identify relevant services and determine how best to use them.
- Identify new and innovative methods for increasing the number of qualified applicants.
- Receive and review resumes and applications, enter application information into database, scan application to SharePoint, and review for completeness.
- Conduct initial phone screenings and recommend applicants for interviews.
- Conduct reference checks and document results.
- Collect feedback at each stage of the application process and enter updates into the database.
- Produce periodic reports for review by the leadership team (e.g., average time to process applications at each stage, current candidate status, etc.).
- Assist with other HR and office duties as assigned
Successful candidates will have good communication, interpersonal, organizational, and time management skills. The recruitment assistant needs to be a self-starter – someone who can drive the whole hiring process end-to-end and make sure we are screening people thoroughly and efficiently so we can bring the best people on board as quickly as possible. We are seeking individuals who are flexible, can persist in the fact of challenges, and use good judgement about how to best handle each applicant.