Social Security Representative Payee Program
Community Interface Services offers Social Security approved Representative Payee services to Regional Center clients at no cost to the client.
Who We Are:
· A known & trusted local service provider with a reputation for excellence
· Over 30 years experience providing community living, employment and financial management services to San Diego Regional Center (SDRC) clients
· Person centered, customer focused and responsive
· Approved Organizational Representative Payee for the Social Security Administration
· Proficient in SSA/SSI/MediCal regulations
· Bilingual English/Spanish services available; other languages may be available upon request
· Bonded & Insured
How We Help:
· Help clients maintain stable and integrated lives
· Work collaboratively with clients, service coordinators, and other service providers to meet individual client needs
· Ensure individual funds are used for the benefit of, and in the best interest of, the client
· Relieve family members and SDRC service coordinators from cumbersome payee responsibilities
· Provide diligent fiscal monitoring and transparent reporting
· Assist with navigating complex and critical processes with the Social Security Administration
· Help protect client from financial exploitation
Money Management Services:
· Working with you and your planning team, help you develop an individual monthly budget and payment plan to assist you in maintaining your desired living situation.
· Receive your monthly benefit check on your behalf and pay your expenses and provide you with your personal spending money according to your individualized plan.
· Assist you with your regular expenses such as rent and utilities as well as with one-time special purchases such as furniture, travel, or emergencies.
· Flexible payment schedules and options can be tailored to fit your needs; emergencies are accommodated as soon as administratively feasible.
· Any money you don’t spend is saved for you in a trust account to assist with any future needs you may have.
· You can check on your account activity any time during business hours and you will receive monthly statements detailing your income and expenses.
· Assist you and your team with wage reporting as needed.
· Monitor your account balance for continued benefit eligibility and complete annual redetermination paperwork.
· Provide benefit counseling, advocacy and technical assistance.
· Complete annual Representative Payee reporting to SSA as required regarding how your funds were used to meet your needs.
Vendor # PY0853 Service Code 034
Rate $27.24 per hour
Individualized Representative Payee, consultation and advocacy services funded on an hourly basis; 4 hours per month with a quarterly POS is recommended for most non-complex situations. Complex or disputed benefit scenarios may require additional hours of funding. MySSAPayee will work with the Planning team to determine the necessary funding.